The Global Learning Hub is committed to promoting access to global learning opportunities for first generation students. Participation in global learning can be a great way to explore a passion, advance your academic/personal plans, enhance your resume, and connect with global communities.
- Identify your global learning goals.
- Research global learning opportunities through the Global Learning Hub.
- Meet with your major/minor advisors to integrate global learning into your coursework.
- Chat with your support system about your plans.
- Contact the Global Learning Hub to discuss next steps.
The Global Learning Hub is committed to working with the Office of Undergraduate Education’s First Generation Initiative to provide resources and support for first generation students participating in global learning opportunities. The following resources may also be helpful:
- Video: Studying Abroad for First Generation Students
- Center for First-Generation Student Success - “Adventure Is Where Belonging Began”
- Diversity Abroad - First Generation Students Traveling Abroad
- Office of Undergraduate Education - First Generation Initiative
- UCEAP Blog - “My Study Abroad Experience As A First-Gen College Student”
Student Spotlight: Adrian Gonzales '20
While his academic and career goals emphasize diverse viewpoints and multicultural literacy, his personal desire to explore the world and broaden his perspective has been largely inspired by his family. A first generation college student and the son of Peruvian immigrants, Gonzales’ upbringing has been immensely impactful on his educational pursuits. Read Adrian's full story and watch his Study Abroad Spotlight: