Bio Sci 2A on the Emerald Isle
- Dates – June 20–July 26, 2023
- Max Enrollment – 40
- Taught In – English
- Prerequisites – No
- Academic Area – Biological Sciences
Take Biological Sciences 2A in beautiful Ireland at University College Cork (UCC). The course will be taught by UCC faculty with oversight by UC Davis faculty. UCC, one of Ireland’s top schools, features a world-class department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology. Cork, the second largest city in Ireland, is a vibrant community that combines a welcoming small-town feel with such amenities of a cosmopolitan center, as easy travel by air to European capitals. The five-week program includes field trips for exploring the biology and culture of Ireland, local landmarks like the Burren and Cliffs of Moher, and Dublin.
- Program Coordinator – Karen Larke
- Instructors – Kellie Dean and Erin Easlon
In the News
- Take BIS2A with only 40 other students rather than in the large lecture format on campus.
- Explore fundamental concepts in biology with the assistance of the expert faculty at the University College Cork.
- Discover Ireland’s breathtaking southern coast, learn Irish dance and listen to Irish music.
- Tour the great diversity of geographies, from the rugged coastlines of Southern Ireland, to the bustling harbor of Cobh to the cultural center of Cork.
What Students Are Saying
- "Kellie Dean was an incredible professor because she was able to explain things so clearly and directly and never made you uncomfortable. She was extremely relatable and approachable."
- "I'm an animal biology major, so completing BIS 2A abroad really gave me a good foundation for what's to come in the rest of my classes."
- The History of Cancer in Spain (Summer Abroad)
- Life Sciences in Japan (Summer Abroad)
- Statistics for Biological Sciences (Summer Abroad)
- Global Health Summer Abroad Internships
- Other Programs in Biological Sciences
- Search all Global Learning Opportunities